register.php missing?

This forum will support your queries about the pricerr theme.

Moderators: seogawd, SiteMile Support Team

NeoNetizen

register.php missing?

Post by NeoNetizen » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 am

When a new sign up is submitted we are taken to a static blank page. I thought this may be a conflict with buddypress or another plugin so I deactivated them all but the problem persisted.

In the editor I dont see no register.php file. Is this correct? After looking through cPanel i found a register.php file but I have no idea about php so I can't see what needs to change, if anything.

What I would like is to send new members to a "thank you" page then redirect to their account page.

angelhristov

Re: register.php missing?

Post by angelhristov » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 am

Last edited by angelhristov on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BKing
SiteMile Support
User Type: Support

Post by BKing » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 am

Hi,

The theme do have register.php in lib / login-register folder, if you click on register link from menu then by default it links to the register page, not to a blank page, after registration the users will get a notification about that they have to check their email, so they will get the password in email with that they can sign in / change the password if they want to and after login they are automatically redirected to my-account, if you want to add a page in process then you can do that with some custom coding.

NeoNetizen

Post by NeoNetizen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:23 pm

I have completely reinstalled wp and the theme. The homepage links work and accounts are created when I look through the user page on the dashboard. However its being reported no confirmation emails are being sent. I originally thought this was a just a cosmetic issue but if people are unable to sign up I need to fix it as soon as possible. My plan is to use other sitemile themes and chose pricerr because I am familiar with fiverr.

After people have filled the register fields and submit the information they are indeed taken to register page (http://mysite.com/wp-login.php?action=register) but it appears as a white screen. If they try again it states the account exists and an email has been sent but they haven't not received this email and therefore are prevented from signing in.

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:16 am

Hi,

If email isn't sending then that can be a server issue, so I suggest to contact your hosting provider about it.

NeoNetizen

Post by NeoNetizen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Okay, thank you.

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Ok, you're most welcome.

NeoNetizen

Post by NeoNetizen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 pm

My host provider believes it is an error with phpmailer. They asked how it was configured, but I have no idea so I am waiting to see if they need additional info. Likewise, is there any information you would need to fix the issue? or can you suggest anything I can do? If not I will see what hosting provider has to say.

Thanks

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Maybe they don't support smtp or it's not setup by default, please ask them about it and also, please ask them if your ip is blacklisted by any email provider.

Return to “Pricerr Theme Support”