Home Page / Static Page

Share your mods, installed plugins, stuff about the modification and future enhancement of the project theme.

Moderators: seogawd, SiteMile Support Team

Aleksic737

Home Page / Static Page

Post by Aleksic737 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 am

I would like to setup a static homepage; BUT I would still like to use the current/default home but through a menu option, not as the main page.. is this possible and can you tell me how?

Thanks!

BKing
SiteMile Support
User Type: Support

Re: Home Page / Static Page

Post by BKing » Thu May 07, 2015 8:08 am

Hi,

If you set a static page, that means you can't use the current homepage ( which is your latest posts by WordPress default ), so the current homepage is not a page, that's why you can't use it as secondary page.

Aleksic737

Post by Aleksic737 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Ok, Let me clarify.. What I am looking to do is move the dialog box that allows people to post their projects to another page..

Right now the top of the homepage shows .. "Find Local Freelancers. Get your project done.
You can start by posting a chore you need done or register to get your job." along with the dialog box where someone can post a project..

Is there a way to move this somewhere else other than the home page?

BKing
SiteMile Support
User Type: Support

Post by BKing » Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 pm

No, You can't move that, only by custom coding it in an other php file for an other page.

If you really want to have an other homepage then the theme's one you can create a new wordpress install like yoursite.com/projects and use the theme there, and for yoursite.com, you can install an other theme for your homepage and you can add a menu link to yoursite.com/projects, I can't recommend doing this, but it can be a solution, or maybe check out multisite, to have it on the same wordpress installation, but if you need a static homepage and the theme's own homepage, you have to create your homepage and re-create the homepage with hard-coding the php files.

mediaproweb

Post by mediaproweb » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi, It would not be possible to do that, create a static page with the Page Builder plugin?

brycekelsey

Post by brycekelsey » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:46 am

Copy the contents of index.php to a new file called front-page.php Then create a new wp page called Home and use has home page static. Then select blog-posts as the posts page. Then you can edit front-page.php any way you want.

mediaproweb

Post by mediaproweb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 pm

thanks for your answer. I did as you said, but three things happen, there is a blank space for the sidebar, being fixed as full-wide without sidebar, the slider disappears, and the widget quwe I put in Home do not appear.

Return to “Project Theme Mods & Tutorials”