Multiple item checkout

General support for the auction and reverse auction theme.

Moderators: seogawd, SiteMile Support Team

ahill

Multiple item checkout

Post by ahill » Wed May 02, 2018 3:54 pm

This has been requested by many since I purchased this theme a few years ago. It is absolutely critical that there either be a shopping cart added or the ability to integrate the won items page with one.
Adding a checkbox to each item to allow a single checkout can not be that difficult. If you think about how absurd it is to make a customer complete a checkout for each individual item they win and the complete inconvenience it makes for the customer, you have to see how that can drive new and potential customers away. There is no eCommerce solution that requires a customer that buys multiple items to complete multiple checkouts.
Then we have the seller, who is losing money if they are using PayPal to process payments as each transaction carries a .30 charge for each transaction. eBay would never have succeeded had they implemented checkout system like this.
You keep saying over and over that it has been added to the list and it might come in the future but it never does. I am begging you. This needs to be a priority.
At minimum an option for those of us that use this theme as an auction house with ourselves as the only seller to enable multiple item checkout.

andreisaioc
Site Admin
User Type: SiteMile Support

Re: Multiple item checkout

Post by andreisaioc » Mon May 07, 2018 4:52 pm

we are working at an update for this, but its quite complicated to get around the fact that in the card can be auction items and buy now items. How do you suggest to solve this situation ? only leave the buy now items to be added to cart ?

plus the items can come from different sellers, so how would the payment be done ?

ahill

Post by ahill » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:59 am

Sorry for the long delay in reply to your response.
I am not a developer so I cant comment on how to do it, but what difference does it make if there are auction and buy it now items in the cart? If the auction has ended then it should be treated as sold just as a buy it now would. Couldn't there be a checkbox added to each bought item in the purchased items page so that the customer can select all items purchased from the same seller at one time? Not that I expect you guys to be up to eBay standards because I know they spend millions on development, but it is possible as they have had this option for years.

In all honesty I am a single seller. I run auctions locally as the only seller. Lets think of this way. Instead of trying to modify the checkout process, why not add an invoicing system so that the seller can send a single invoice of multiple items to the customer. It can be optional for use. It can't be that difficult to implement as I have been using an invoice plugin to get around the issue of a customer having to complete multiple checkouts. The only problem is that it is still tedious because since the plugin does not communicate with your theme, I have to enter every purchase manually, but it keeps the customer from becoming frustrated with paying for each individual item. Just think if you bought 10 items at auction and then had to go to paypal, pay for the item, be redirected back to the site and repeat that process 10 times? Would you continue to visit that site over and over? This is a real issue and I have experienced this first hand with contact from multiple customers asking if there was something they were missing or doing wrong as to why they could not just check out. Hence why I started invoicing myself.

I'm not bashing at all. I love this theme. I spent a long time deciding on which theme to use before I settled with this one. But in the two years I've had it, it has come to the point that I almost hate when someone bids and wins on multiple items because it is very time consuming. I would also like to say that I recently started looking at the various job board themes so I can build a local small/odd jobs site and out of them all I like your taskerdev best, but I am afraid to pull the trigger just yet for fear of a similar problem.

andreisaioc
Site Admin
User Type: SiteMile Support

Post by andreisaioc » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:31 pm

the taskerdev theme doesnt have any cart, and doesnt work like an ecommerce theme, so you can be rest assured it wont have this issue. We have the walleto theme which has the shopping cart and can have multiple products from multiple vendors. But its complicated with the payment system, specially because many website owners dont take the role of collecting all the money (like a marketplace would do) and then paying out the various sellers.

Having people paying the sellers individually (which walleto has already) is a paid for the site owner, as the sellers, all must have paypal, or any other integrated payment method where they can accept payments ( a solution would be stripe),in this case still you would have to go and pay each seller individually.

However we can integrate as a custom work any custom configuration and setup, which may vary from case to case, if anything you want, let me know