Custom Fields Appearance in Advanced Search Form

Share your mods, installed plugins, stuff about the modification and future enhancement of the auction theme.

Moderators: seogawd, SiteMile Support Team

danilo7

Custom Fields Appearance in Advanced Search Form

Post by danilo7 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm trying to give a defined and unique style of fields to advanced search form.

As you can see, they're styled in a different way, plus the dropdown lenght is related to options values, so it's making every dropdown leght to be different.
select_boxes.jpg
select_boxes.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 91 times
I see that standard fields has a "form-control" class, where custom fields has "no". If I insert form-control in the browser consol, it just works. So I've tried to modify this code in advanced-search.php in so many ways

<?php

$get_catID = AuctionTheme_get_CATID($_GET['auction_cat_cat']);

if(empty($get_catID)) $get_catID = 0;

$get_catID = array($get_catID);
$arr = AuctionTheme_get_auction_category_fields_without_vals($get_catID, 'no');

for($i=0;$i<count($arr);$i++)
{

echo '<li>';
echo '<p>'.$arr[$i]['field_name'].$arr[$i]['id'].':</p>';
echo '<h2 class="zbsa">'.$arr[$i]['value'].'</h2>';
echo '</li>';

}

?>

but still not found anything that really works. If I type form-control instead of no, dropdowns are formatted in right style but do not get the same "rules" (like max dimension)

Can you help me with this?

Kind Regards,

Danilo

danilo7

Re: Custom Fields Appearance in Advanced Search Form

Post by danilo7 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I also need to hide some of these fields that's unwanted in form, they're thought to be just an info displayed in the auction page.

BKing
SiteMile Support
User Type: Support

Post by BKing » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure I got this, please clarify what you want to achieve. Also, please post a link to your website, to the pages where you have the stuff you want to modify.

danilo7

Post by danilo7 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:08 pm

BKing wrote:Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure I got this, please clarify what you want to achieve. Also, please post a link to your website, to the pages where you have the stuff you want to modify.
Hi bking,

I'd like to display custom fields' dropdown boxes in the same style as other fields boxes, to get all the form elements styled in the same way. (In picture attached I've tried to catch it, you can see that "make" dropdown box is shorter in height and longer than category one, for exhample)

The form is placed in "advanced search" page, I couldn't link you the page as I'm developing in Local

Thank you

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Please post a link to your website, to the page where you have the elements from the screenshot, so I can help you with the styling.

are

Post by are » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi bking,

I'd like to display custom fields' dropdown boxes in the same style as other fields boxes, to get all the form elements styled in the same way. (In picture attached I've tried to catch it, you can see that "make" dropdown box is shorter in height and longer than category one, for exhample)

The form is placed in "advanced search" page, I couldn't link you the page as I'm developing in Local

Thank you
Hi BKing,

Is there a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same issue - i.e. custom fields have a different styling to the normal fields in the Advanced Search screen.

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:50 am

Hi,

Please post a link to your website to the page where you have that custom fields with different appearance, so I can check.

are

Post by are » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Done via PM

BKing
SiteMile Support

Post by BKing » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:44 am

Ok, I will check.

hafholdings

Post by hafholdings » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:16 am

Please post the fix to this in the public forum so we can all benefit from the result. I'm about to do the same thing so if it's an issue would rather know than having to try to fix it later.

Thanks.

Return to “Auction Theme Mods & Tutorials”