As of 1st Nov 2018 we are not longer supporting the forums. We prefer to give out better personal support based on tickets, either on our live chat, or through our ticket system. Go to contact us page and ask your question. We usually reply within minutes, or hours, but never longer than 12-24 hrs at worst. Also when you see the livechat support online, be sure we reply within seconds (1-2 mins at most).

JobMiner - my requests

Post here your features requests for the JobMiner theme

Moderators: seogawd, SiteMile Support Team

rogerv

JobMiner - my requests

Post by rogerv » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm

I know the staffing world well, as I have some clients in that space.

So, what a staffing firm will need (read: if you're doing work-for-hire, they are the most likely to hire you), they care about a few things the most - and this gets pretty interesting:
<note: this also is most likely to result in more clients for sitemile, since there are a ton of recruiters out there, probably 1MIl+ in USA>

1. Hiding the contact info of the resume. A staffing firm will take out the last name and replace with a candidate #, take out the phone, and email, and replace with like Candidate1234@MyStaffingFirm.com
NOTE: this is also good for the candidate, because they often don't want their current boss to know they are looking for a job. Some of them don't want the resume public, i.e. if you work at google, and get specific about what you do there, even without your name someone could figure it out - so they will only send that resume out via email to a specific poster - SO, point being, an option (paid upsell?) to noindex and/or show only to logged-in-employers.

2. Filtering. i.e. Show me only people in Los Angeles, who have a bachelor's 4yr degree or higher, with chemistry experience., and sort - sort by newest jobs, sort by distance, etc... in the real world, you might go 1000 km for the perfect job at the right pay for the right company, but for a simple job you'll only go 5km - so I'm a fan of lat-long lookup (easy, via API..).

3. I think the theme should support child themes and/or .pot file - niche job boards will use different language i.e. "hire a nurse today!" etc., also, should make more use of menus instead of hard-coded navigation, because there are a _lot_ of legal issues and paperwork to avoid discrimination etc. - I built matfar dot com for example, and they have like 100 pages (some password protected for when they hire candidates). I'd assume your market is going to be niche-specific job boards and/or recruiters; going up against sites like Monster.com and indeed.com is like a kite trying to catch a 747.

4. I think the biggest opportunity here is integrating stuff that's already done - meaning, using freelancer reviews to get someone a permanent job, and hybrid stuff in the middle i.e. telecommute, work only 10 hours a week + freelance, that might not "fit in the box" of a regular job board - so what that means is
1. Show a candidate's (worker's) history / reviews, and the reviews need to be very good and detailed
2. Allow an employer to test out a worker by giving them small jobs (via project bidder or pricerr theme)

5. Easy: http://schema.org/JobPosting

6. Worth checking out - everyone agrees hiring is getting social. So...
6a. Bounty of $500 if you refer us someone we hire i.e. we hire your recommendation - gets people to share on facebook for example.
6b. One company is even offering money just to come in and interview and take a tour (obviously the right people only..)

More reading: but start simple and keep it stable!
http://www.applicantstack.c 0 m/features
http://www.jobboardmount.c 0 m/cm/software
http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/01/tctv-i ... f1b8d8aff4

andreisaioc
Site Admin
User Type: SiteMile Support

Re: JobMiner - my requests

Post by andreisaioc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 pm

thanks for this, next week when we launch this theme we will see how we can get around requests.

ronnie1983@me.com

Post by ronnie1983@me.com » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 pm

I would guess this is a 2 user type also, job searcher and employ searcher, so a search funktion for company should also be avalieble.

andreisaioc
Site Admin

Post by andreisaioc » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm

ok sure, will keep that in mind :)

4enter

Post by 4enter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 am

Formula for unbeatable Theme.

What I would like in this Theme:

General:
=================================================
1. Full responsive mode
2. Easily modify software functions to almost any business model
3. Multiple payment gateways: PayPal and 2CheckOut
4. Resume posting can be free or paid. Job posting can be free or paid.

Job Seekers:
Resume posting
Build resume online by filling out a simple web form. Add photos, upload videos and attach files. Job seekers can preview their resume before it will be posted. Resume posting can be free or paid.

My resumes
Edit, delete or deactivate posted resumes.

Job alerts
Separate section for creating and managing job alerts. System will send new jobs alerts based on the selected search criteria to user email.

Job comments
Users can add comments to job posts, which is displayed on the job details page.

Print job info
Printer friendly job details page.

Email confirmation
Email confirmation on registration page. Can be turned on/off in admin panel.

Delete profile
If allowed by Admin job seekers can delete profile with all resumes from the site and specify a reason for profile deletion.

Anonymous resume
Flag your resume as anonymous to hide your contact info. Only online contact form will be available for employers to communicate with job seekers.

Private messaging system
Allows job seekers to communicate with employers via web site without providing contact information.

Subscription / Resume expiration reminder
Job Seeker will be reminded about subscription/Resume expiration the preset number of days before it.

Password Recovery by Email
If a job seeker forgets password, it can be recovered using the email he entered when registered.

Employers
Resume search
Search resumes by different parameters. Could be paid or free.

Job posting
Free or paid job posting. Upload photos, files or videos to your job posts. Employers can preview their job before it will be posted.

Featured jobs
Featured jobs block appears on the main page. Featured ads could be charged additionally.

My Jobs
Edit, delete, deactivate or upgrade to featured posted jobs.

View resume and contact info
Resume and contact info viewing could be free or paid.

Email confirmation
Email confirmation on registration page. Can be turned on/off in Admin Panel.

Private messaging system
Allows employers to communicate with job seekers via web site without providing contact information.

Subscription / Job expiration reminder
Employer will be reminded about subscription/job expiration the preset number of days before it.

Password Recovery by Email
If an employer forgets password, it can be recovered using the email he entered when registered.

Admin features
Customize job and resume fields
Add unlimited number of custom job and resume fields of different types (text, list, checkbox etc.).

Pay per number of views products
Allows charging users for certain number of views of a particular page (e.g. 10 resume views).

Admin notifications
Admin can be notified on listing added, user registration, listing or subscription expiration, user deleting his profile.

Manage listings
Admin have unlimited control over listings. This includes adding, editing, deleting, activating/deactivating.

Job and Resume postings approval
Eliminate unwanted and scam postings from your site by approving them first. Users will be notified by email about their postings being approved or rejected.

Priority listings
Admin can charge users additionally for priority listings, these listings displayed above average search results and marked with different color

Auto login as any user
Admin can login as any user from “Manage Users” section.

Ip address tracking
Displays user ip address in admin panel

Ip address banning
Allows admin to ban particular ip address, to avoid spamming.

Bad word filter
Admin can set bad words which are not permitted to be entered by user.

Backup/Restore
System backup and further restore can be easily done via Admin Panel

Recurring Billing Option
Admin can create recurring subscriptions for users to automatically charge them for renewing subscription once its expiration period is over

Approve Users setting
After registration user accounts will need to be approved by Admin first and then they will be activated. Users will be notified by email about their accounts being approved or rejected

Delete Expired Listings Setting
All expired listings can be automatically deleted after a number of days preset by Admin

Email Scheduling
Ability for Admin to set the number of emails to be sent by system per hour.

Andrei, if this can be implemented, this will be unbeatable Theme. I have so far spent a lot of money, I bought several competing Job Board scripts that are not really functional. Do not rush into launching. I would prefer to do it thoroughly. You'll take the market. Trust me.

Thank you in advance
Host Web Arena Complete Solutions Web Hosting
Shared, Virtual, Dedicated - Chicago, Berkshire, Sydney, Stockholm

andreisaioc
Site Admin

Post by andreisaioc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:55 pm

thanks will be taken into consideration :)

CDrake

Post by CDrake » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 am

He has great ideas. I agree with him, we all want this to happen but please take your time I would hate to have a update to install 1 day after release. Also, could a interview system be implemented? I think we have spoke about this.